Organized by the Women’s Fellowship, Candle Tea is regarded by many as the opening event of the Christmas season in Winston-Salem. It is held annually during the season of Advent in the 1769 Single Brothers’ House on Salem Square. All profits from Candle Tea are distributed to non-profit agencies, locally and internationally.
Guests are greeted by hosts in early Moravian dress and are guided through Candle Tea. Thank you for continuing to make this outreach possible. We hope you’ll join us at this year’s Candle Tea to:
- Share a meaningful tradition with family and friends.
- Sing Christmas carols, accompanied by our 1797 Tannenberg organ.
- See how we make the beeswax candles used in our Christmas Eve candlelight lovefeasts.
- Enjoy a warm cup of Moravian coffee and a piece of sugar cake.
- Hear what life was like for those who founded and lived in Salem.
- View the putz (miniature replica) of early Salem.
- Listen to the Christmas story as you view our lighted Nativity putz.
Guests are admitted to Candle Tea in groups of 35 approximately every 15 minutes. Reservations are not available.
General Admission: Adults – $5.00, Children (12 & under) – $1.00
Check back in September for the 2013 Candle Tea schedule.